Cambie Skirt

I was originally going to make this awesome red corduroy with elephants into a pencil skirt.

The craziest corduroy I would ever be caught wearing.

The craziest corduroy I would ever be caught wearing.

I picked up a pattern that had modifications for “curvy” figures, and was feeling optimistic.  Until I went to cut it out and realized I bought the wrong size.  Der.  So I improvised and made an A-line skirt using the Sewholic Cabmie pattern as a guide.

image

I cut a size 14 and then took it in enough that I should have cut a 12.  Good to know for the next Cambie (the Liberty Cambie, which I’ve already posted about).  I cut both the front and back on the fold, extended the waistband to make a tab closure.  I moved the zipper from the back to the side seam.  It came together really quickly.  I like the fit and will be making more of these.

Love the pockets!

Love the pockets!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s